Tuesday 20 March 2012

3/14/12
Morning run through 2 townships, a graveyard and ended in a silent playground in the valley.
Irish Sea
Finally, the sea.  Toured the western coast of Wales on our way to Snowdonia Area in the Northern part of the country.  I've been waiting for that salty air.  Feelin' so close to home again and loving it.



:Barmouth (equivalent to Outer Banks, maybe a lil more money coming through, but essentially facing the same issues as the banks...bridge to island is unsafe, yet provides services and toursits to boost economy...should we wait to fix? who knows)

_although bleak weather, this town is quiet and beautiful. got that urge to disappear here, find a little cafe, live above it and have coffee talk with locals in the off season. not to mention unlimited cockels and seafood. favorite. streets lined with bright pots and plants make me eager for summer again.

> <

The afternoon was spent in the city of Caernarfon and touring the castle.  Edward I's premeir fortress and palace in this ring of northern Welsh castles, modeleed on the lines of Emperor Theodosius's wall at Constantinople.  The castle was designed with intention of isolating Welsh forces in the Snowdon mountains by cutting off their supply to mother Wales.  No Welshman was allowed to live within the city of Caernarfon...Edward I did not underestimate Wales' uprising, but was tactical in his castle placement and forcde isolation.  The castle itself is capapble of being defended by only 50 men-full of secret passageways and deep dungeons.



Here I am on the greens of Caernarfon.  So green too.  Charles, current Prince of Wales, had his commencement ceremony right were I'm standing.  Royalty by default?

Cruised the city of Caernarfon for lunch.  Here are a few of my favorite spots in this city...teas, toasties, and bitters....content watching life go by me for a while.

w. 6

plucked from the sea
like a stone in the sand, my heart be still
and awake

                         inhale.

salt sticks to the inside of my lungs
swallow hard

and breathe.
make it a part of me just one more thing i can have
no currency
     can take me here, below the surface


                   
tides pull the medicine i seek into my veins

ebb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment