Sunday 1 April 2012

3/15/12
Llandudno(city by the sea)
 The Grand Hotel in Llandudno on an early morning run.  Headed out for a big hike today in Snowdonia National Park, but the legs were getting antsy.  Plus I'm far more managable once I've gotten my exercise...and a cup of tea.  I'm extremely partial to the silence in the morning.  This hotel was so stately, it covered the quiet garden tucked on the cliff behind.  Another bonus of traveling on my own time...secret gardens.
Cruised by this pier just past the Grand Hotel.  Some great arm of entertainment stalled in the sea.  The average age of this town is most definiely 103.  Not sure how down they get on the boardwalk, but I'm sure its enjoyable.  Almost lost the battle with a huge seagull this a.m. Today's run was one of my favorites.  Long, quiet and cool.  And it feels good to feel fast.
Found these nifty stairs in a back alley this am...two granny's having breakfast and gossip at the bottom.  Or was it gossip? May have very well been contemplating the dire disarray of the world and how to fix our incessant idiotic ways...? tea solves all.


<BREAKFAST TIME AND IM STARVING>
Finally! Vegetarian Sausages, browns, grilled tomato, fresk pressed grapefruit juice, boiled eggs, brown toast, tea and coffee.  Perfect re/fuel for Snowdonia. 


On to Great Orme: Home of the world's largest known Bronze Age copper mine.
This place was great.  The gentleman who showed us around owned the site.  He was one of the original archeaologists to discover this site and he's been here since he was 18.  Raised his kids on this site, spends his day in and out of hte tunnels...so great.  My favorite part about this site was that is was  completely localized.  He has spent the entire second half of his life dedicated to this site. A true passion and it showed.  What a great way to spend life doing what you loved and finding how to share it with the world. 

Tiny little passageways.  Awesome rad green helmet.

SNOWDONIA NATIONAL PARK!!!
Crocs and Socks on top...word.

Notice tiny winding trail I followed...awesome.  The rest of the pictures describe themselves but here's captions in a nutshell... cold, damp, isolated. Steep.  Hanging out...literally...get it?!? Can't keep me out of the water. I like flowers, I love thorns. Creme Brulee and HoneyComb icecream was by far the best thing to hit my lips since brunch at Sabrina's with my girls.  Miss my girls.



Fin.

W.7

but you should be here.
you aren't so i'll keep it.


              keep safe and save this moment just
          for
       us

on the days when the sun can't shine and the silver lining fades
i'll have this moment tucked away


find it.

       i'll share


i'll move the memories to melt the evergrowing icecap
the chaos seeping in, the echos of nevers
and maybes
deep to reach, even deeper to shine because that's what we do
but not here, not today


today this is mine. but i'm saving it for you.

greens melt into another and blues fade to the mist
that hangs so heavy, hiding the beauty and creating its own

tumble tumble tumble before me
rock hard truths i can not ignore

                          where do i Go? who am i now? a barn owl's night
       wish you were here.

brisk freedom whips around me
tangles my hair, stay there                        live there
                 
                                            i'll keep this escape tucked near
close enough to whisper to my bones

disappear?
a moment i'll Keep.
           

           but you should Be here.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment